TikTok filters what you see and who sees you based on your region, like many global applications. You might want to change your location if there aren’t many talented creators in your area.
You can change your region in TikTok in a few ways.
Use a VPN to Change Your TikTok Region
Using a VPN is one of the most common ways to change your location in TikTok. With a Virtual Private Network, you can quickly change the location of your device. A popular option is Express VPN, but there are other options as well.
GET PRIVADOVPN. OUR TOP CHOICE FOR FREE VPNS
Note: Using a VPN may not always work, as TikTok uses your SIM Card GSM information, not your spoof IP address.
Changing your location using a VPN can be hit or miss, but it is a great technique that works most of the time. You can either sign up for Express VPN or find another solution. The app will also need to be downloaded. You can use a VPN on TikTok by following the steps below.
Use ExpressVPN on Android to Change Your TikTok Region
- Sign up for Express VPN using a browser, then download the ExpressVPN app from Google Play.
- Once you have launched the Express VPN app, sign into your account and choose Selected Location from the menu.
- Click on the country or city of your choice.
- To activate your VPN, tap the power icon at the top.
- You can view the content of your new location by opening TikTok.
Use ExpressVPN on an iPhone to Change Your TikTok Region
- Using a browser, sign up for an Express VPN account, if you don’t already have one, and download the ExpressVPN iPhone app.
- Sign in to your ExpressVPN account in the app.
- When ExpressVPN asks for permission to add VPN configurations, tap Allow.
- Select Smart Location from the menu.
- From the list of locations, choose the one you want.
- Check to see if ExpressVPN is connected. It needs to be powered up if it isn’t. When it’s active, it will turn green.
- You can now view content in your selected region on TikTok.
It’s as simple as that! On the TikTok “Discover” page, you can see that this method is working. Language is one of the key indicators.
Switch Your Language to Change Your TikTok Region
As mentioned above, TikTok is unlikely to recommend any content in a language other than your own. In the app, you can easily change your language.
- In the lower right corner of TikTok, select Me.
- In the upper right corner, tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal dots).
- Make sure that Settings and Privacy are selected.
- Tap Language under Content & Activities.
- Add the native language of the region you are interested in to the Preferred languages list.
To get TikTok to show you the content you want, you might need to use the following methods to change your TikTok language.
Follow Different Creators to Change Your Instagram Region
TikTok recommends content based on who you follow and the types of videos you interact with most, as reported by other users. Start following people in different regions on the app now.
There is no Search option on the TikTok website, but it is available in the app version. Here’s how to find and follow TikTok creators in another region.
- On the lower left hand side of the application, click the magnifying glass labeled Discover.
- Enter the most popular users of the region you’d like to view in the search bar.
- Follow the user by tapping the red Follow button on their profile.
- After that, click the Followers link under their profile to find out who along with how many followers they have.
- Look for a high number of followers, then scroll through it and follow those accounts as well.
If you’re unsure who’s the most popular and where they live, here’s a list of TikTok creators to follow.
Swap Your Sim Card to Change Your TikTok Region
A VPN is usually the best option when someone wants to appear from a different country. VPNs may not work with TikTok, as previously mentioned. Some user comments, however, give the impression that VPNs do work. You be the judge, but make sure you don’t get results that make you think it worked. Please comment below with your actual region and the one that worked for you.
In addition to VPN confusion, TikTok uses your SIM card’s region code to determine what you see. If you want to use a SIM card from a different region on your phone, you can purchase one from that region. The SIM option is a hassle unless you have a dual SIM phone, but it is achievable if you want to go that route.
TikTok and Location/Region Changes
To conclude, TikTok is an excellent platform for creating and sharing content with people around the world. However, you’ll need to take a few extra steps to manipulate your feed if you want to see more content from specific regions.